cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage members with status "closed"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I import my cost center from ECC. Each cost center has a STATUS property which define if the cost center is "open" or "closed". When the cost center is closed the user shouldn't be able to input or imput data on this cost center. How can I handle this need?

thanks for your help,

regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alextas,

Maybe if you have the cost centers selected as a dimension in rows or colums i'll do a dinamic evdre filter filtering only for those cost centers that has the status as open, and put in the worksheet options to expand every time the template is open. Doing that the users will not be able to enter data to those members.

hope it helps,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alextas,

IF you have any members or properties or dimensions closed, you cant enter values for them. It means that they are secured and you dont have access. You need to check with the user profile assigned to you to enter data.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Indeed I can use the formatRange. Thanks!

But how can I filter the member in the EVDRE? I mean that I use a memberset like BAS(DEPT1) so I cannot add a filter to the STATUS property in the memberset.

I have thought to use the validation rules but it seems that we cannot use properties to define the selection of the invalid members.

regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your requirement, here? Do you want the members to be displayed for which STATUS property is closed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alextas,

if you want to filter the members in the evdre all you have to do is right click over the dimension member set selector in the parameter area, and select the option that says EVDRE: Builder Filter, after that, the program will display an interface that allows you to choose the properties of that dimension and a condition .. like Status<>Closed, so when you expand your input schedule it will shows you only the members that are not closed.

hope it helps,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the advanced formatting in your template. The criteria can be COSTCENTER.STATUS = "CLOSED". You can keep the format as the cell locked. Apply this to data.

In that case, whenever the costcenter is closed, the cells will be locked and you wont be able to enter any values there.

Hope this helps.