cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a PO - Reference to InfoUpdate field

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know what the SAP best practices are in relationship to having the InfoUpdate button automatically turned on when creating a PO?

I am not very familiar with this function; however, it is causing problems at my company because info records are being automatically created when one isn't found for a vendor and part number. These info records do not contain a plant (I do know how to fix that) and they do not have a condition price and the tax code is missing. This causes problems down the road, when something occurs and you have to try and update the info records.

Could this just be a training issue? I honestly don't believe the purchasing department knows they are creating these info records when they create a purchase order.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am marking this question as answered even though the answers consisted of information I already knew. Based on additional information I have found out, I will start a new thread with a new question.

I would like to thank everyone who responded. The information provided was very much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By automatically creating info records, system keeps record of your last PO price for that Material & Vendor combination and brings that price when you a create a PO for the same combination material and vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, that part I understand; however, it doesn't add the price (condition sell) and the tax code to the info record. This causes problems down the road if you try to update the info record and can cause problems in accounting. Would like to know if we are missing something somewhere.

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This option can be switched off or on based on a user parameter that can be different by buyer.

You are also able to switch this off for example for PO's as for PO's the info record history is only updated and leave the function active for quotation as via quotation the info record conditions are updated from a quotation.

To create these settings goto SPRO>Material management>purchasing-->environment data -->Define default values for buyers

In the user profile you can add parameter ID "EVO" and then add the value for the default value for purchasing ID