Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting access to TUPLE entries using roles

arturo_blasi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would appreciate if somebody can share the solution for an issue maintaining tuple entries in Data Manager:

We are using SAP MDM 71 SP06. We are working in material master. We have a very typical scenario where a given material is maintained in several plants (TUPLE locations).

Example: material 100001 is maintained in plants 1001, 1002 and 1003

The requirement is to RESTRICT the user access in Data Manager to see and maintain only plant 1001. So we created a role that has a constrain on plant 1001 in the lookup table values (the tuple itself doesn't offer any constrain options). A new user was created and assigend that restricted role

When we login with the new user, he can see all the plants but only plant 1001 has the plant "key" populated. The other two entries are displayed in data manager but the plant code blank!

We would like the role to work in such a way that only plant 1001 is displayed and the other two plants NOT showing up at all.

Any insight on this?

Thanks!

-Arturo Blasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arturo,

Please refer to the console reference guide page no 309 which states "You can only set constraints on tables which are

referenced by single-value lookup fields. If a table is used as a multivalued

lookup field or as the nested lookup of a multi-valued lookup

field, you will not be able to set constraints on it."

That means we cannot have such constraints in MDM so far.

Regards,

Sravan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arturo_blasi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your answers. I also created a note to SAP OSS and they said this functionality is NOT available as of MDM 7.1 release.

I think the only way to achieve proper user restriction to specific tuple entries by role would be using PORTAL/ WebDynpro where some logic can be included to filter the tuple entries by role.

The solution to use named searches didn't work since it did not filter the other tuple entries. In my test data I had 1 material with 3 plants (locations). MDM Data Manager still can't filter the tuple entries effectively.

If you find a work-around for this please share. I will do the same.

Best Regards,

-Arturo Blasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

one alternative would be create a named search with search param - "plant xxx"\

assign the constraint to the role /user for the named search

this will only show plant xxx assigned items to the user and he has no clue of what else exists

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As soon as you restrict the user for a particular plant, MDM will filter the records and show the materials which exists in that particular plant only.

If the material does not exist in the plant "0001" then the record will not be shown to the user completely.

Currently we can not restrict the users for a particular field of Tupples.

We also faced the same issue at the time of implementation and an OSS is raised for the same.

SAP replied back stating that they are persuing it for the development.