cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UserDecisionNote as Mandatory NOT working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a user decision task defined in a workflow with three options (essentially, approve, reject, and revise) that is working fine. We need to be able to require user notes/comments/memo when the work item is either rejected or revised. I have found UWL XML configurations on the web to accomplish this, but none of them are working. I started with the revise option, however I am still able to revise the work item without entering anything in the text box. I have included my UWL XML configuration sample below.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE UWLConfiguration PUBLIC '-//SAP//UWL1.0//EN' 'uwl_configuration.dtd'>

<UWLConfiguration version="1.0">

<ItemTypes>

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.decision.TS90510014.R3Q300" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="viewDetail" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria externalType="TS90510014" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<CustomAttributes>

<CustomAttributeSource id="WEBFLOW_CONTAINER" objectIdHolder="externalId" objectType="WebflowContainer" cacheValidity="final">

<Attribute name="Notif_number" type="string" displayName="qmnum"/>

</CustomAttributeSource>

</CustomAttributes>

<Actions>

<Action name="launchUrl" groupAction="" handler="UrlLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes">

<Properties>

<Property name="url" value="https://HOST/path/default.aspx?"/>

<Property name="notif" value="${item.Notif_number}"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default="Display Form"/>

</Action>

<Action name="revise" groupAction="yes" handler="UserDecisionHandler">

<Properties>

<Property name="decisionKey" value="3"/>

<Property name="UserDecisionNote" value="mandatory"/>

</Properties>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

</ItemTypes>

</UWLConfiguration>

Edited by: bfcoll0 on May 13, 2011 3:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are heading in the right direction. Make sure to clear UWL cache after your changes and also turn on the UWL support information to make sure that your new XML configuration is getting picked up.

Get the correct values for the decisionKey by running function module SAP_WAPI_DECISION_READ against any work item based on the relevant workflow task.

Instead of starting with one action, try to include the action tags (one for each button) with all the decision keys.

Here is a sample XML that works:

<Actions> 
<Action name="approved" groupAction="yes" handler="UserDecisionHandler"
returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="no">
<Properties> 
<Property name="UserDecisionNote" value="true"/>
<Property name="decisionKey" value="1"/>
<Property name="UserDecisionTitle" value="Enter a Rejection Reason"/> 
</Properties>
<Descriptions default="Approved"/> 
</Action>
<Action name="rejected" groupAction="yes" handler="UserDecisionHandler"
returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="no">
<Properties> 
<Property name="UserDecisionNote" value="mandatory"/>
<Property name="decisionKey" value="2"/> 
</Properties>
<Descriptions default="Rejected"/> 
</Action> 
</Actions>

Thanks,

Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, but unfortunately it is still not working. Does it matter than the decision steps are defined in the task, not in the UWL XML configuration?

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is important that you have configured the correct decision keys in your UWL configuration - with the same keys configured in your workflow.

More importantly, the task should be of type "decision".

- Shanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I still can't get it to work. I am including a couple of screen shots of my configuration in the event they may help.

[http://dl.dropbox.com/u/140110/Work/uwl01.jpg]

[http://dl.dropbox.com/u/140110/Work/sap01.jpg]

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From a quick glance, it looks good. I hope the UWL item is picking up the correct configuration file.

Few things to try here:

1. Change the item type name (mydecision) as follows inside your XML configuration file:

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.mydecision.TS90510014.R3Q300" connector="WebFlowConnector"  ......

2. Instead of trying with just one action and one decision key, inlcude all the 3 possible decision keys and actions in your xml

3. Clear UWL cache after each change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BFC,

What version of the UWLJWF component are you working with? You will find this information by doing the following:

a. log on to the portal

b. backspace out the irj/portal section of the URL

c. click enter.

d. You are now at the J2EE administration page.

e. Next, click on the system information link

f. Please click on the all components link.system

g. CTRL + F and type in UWLJWF

Can you copy the big long number after the UWLJWF? I ask this from you because we have seen some issues with the UserDecisionNote attribute.

You will want to be sure too of your decision values like the other poster mentioned. See the help:

decisionKey (mandatory)

An internal value (typically a numeric value) corresponding to the selected decision used by the provider. For business workflow item, the list of supported values can be obtained by calling SAP_WAPI_DECISION_READ or SWK_DECISION_READ on a given work item

Run the function modules for the workitem id. See if for example if your xml says decisionKey for approve is 1, then this is what approve should be in the backend for this workitem. If it is written in the backend as 001, then in the xml file try writing it as 001. Upload your configuration and try again.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Beth Maben

EP Senior Support Consultant

SAP Active Global Support - Netweaver Web Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beth

We have the same issue - the config is in place and we see a Comments Box along with the Approve & Reject buttons however the mandatory note requirement is not enforced even though configured as suggested above.

Our UWLJWF component is on 7.02 SP7 (1000.7.02.7.0.20110228073716)

Do we need to apply a patch or upgrade to SP8 to get this fixed as suggested in SAP Note 1564566 - User decision note not visible?

Thanks a lot

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes that is correct. 7.02 SP 8 contains the fix.

Best Regards,

Beth Maben

EP - Senior Support Consultant II

SAP Active Global Support

Global Support Centre Ireland

**SDN Forum Moderator:

**SDN Universal Worklist Wiki:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/ehU

Answers (0)