cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopefully an EASY KM Classification Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is probably a really BASIC question but I have setup some folders and have assigned some Query-Based Classification to load up these folders with documents. So far so good. Now that I can see my Folders & Documents within "Content Management", "Explorer", "Taxonomies", how do I get the users to see this data?

What type of iView do I use to show the content of these folders/files? Is there some other way to display this? Ideally I would like these classification folders to show up in the 3rd level navigation and the directory listing of data files to show within the main body of the screen. Do I use a KM Navigation iView and if so, where do I find the path of these individual classification folders?

Please Help!!!

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prathamesh you are a genius!!!

I setup the KM Nav iView and that portion works great, THANKS!!!

My only question now is your comments on how to mimic the 3rd level navigation. What specific Layout property are you referring to? I only see the following:

Layout Set

Layout Set for Root Collection

Layout Set Mode (which has the options of "exclusive", "as default", or "force")

Not sure what you are suggesting when referring to Set the 'Layout' Property of the iView to AdminExplorer

Thanks,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, My bad. What I meant was the Layout Set Property. Set that to AdminExplorer and you would see a tree-like structure of the documents in the KM and follow my previous post for the other settings. If all you questions were answered, then request you to close the post. Thanks.

Hope it helps again,

Prathamesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You need to use a KM navigation iView in this case and set its 'Path to Initially Displayed Folder' property to /taxonomies/<foldername>... . You need to specify the path to the taxonomy relative to the root folder in KM i.e. when you navigate the KM from Content Admin->KM Content. Another way of knowing what path to display is to go in the details of the folder, the contents of which you want to display, and check the WebDav URL under Access Links.

Also, you can leverage the 'Path to Root Folder for Navigation' to ensure that the folders in the upper level should not be accessed by the users. For example, if you have a folder hierarchy like

Root->US->North->Sales-><Files/Documents>

and you want the users to see the files within the Sales folder ONLY and not the hierarchy (US->North) above it you need to set the 'Path to Root Folder for Navigation' property to /US/North/Sales.

Also, if you want the users to land directly on the third level(Files) in the hierarchy and still be able to show the hierarchy as a breadcrumb then set the two properties as follows:

Path to Initially Displayed Folder - /US/North/Sales

Path to Root Folder for Navigation - /US

Now, the last thing of displaying the hierarchy in the form of a third level navigation. Unfortunately, you would not be able to display this directly as a the third level navigation with the out-of-the-box portal navigation. However, there is a way to 'mimic' it. Set the 'Layout' Property of the same KM nav iView to AdminExplorer and its 'Initial State of Navigation Panel' to Always Close. In this way, you would be able to display the hierarchy as a tree structure on the left and display the contents of the folder in the main body.

Let me know if you still have any questions and I would be happy to help.

Hope this helps,

Prathamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I aslo have the same question. I classify documents but that is not visible anywhere. In fact I cant even serach on the basis of classified categories.

Any helo will be raelly apprecited.

Regards,

Sattam.