cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Future of BOE SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Over the last while I've been seeing less and less atention and care given to BOE and even CR SDKs. I mostly develop in .NET, so my question is more about the .NET SDK, though if you touch on Java, that would be great.

Background;

Rumor 1: the CR SDK for .NET is going away. E.g.; CR13.x is the last CR to have a .NET SDK.

Rumor 2: BOE 4 will not support .NET2010

We are a large organization with a huge BOE inplementation that uses the .NET and some Java SDK. Our plan is to move to .NET2010 as soon as we can get our hands on BOE 4. Actually, a big part of our implmentation is already being upgraded to .NET2010.

The question;

Given the above, what are SAP's plans re. the SDK (.NET and Java, BOE and CR? Is there a roadmap anywhere? It would be nice to know now if indeed BOE 4 is or is not supported in NET2010 as that will certainly change our development efforts.

JG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Terry_Penner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I'll address the second question about the BOE SDKs first. One of my colleagues will be able to address your Crystal Reports and .NET question.

The BOE 4.x .NET SDK is officially tested with the .NET 3.5 SDK binaries. With .NET 4, Microsoft states that "applications and components built with previous versions of the .NET Framework will work on the .NET Framework 4" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff602939.aspx).

So .NET 2010 should work just fine together with BOE 4.

Our support team is reaching out to you so we make sure we understand the specifics of your situation, and to see if there is some other specific advice we could provide.

Regards,

Terry Penner

SAP Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John! In regards to CR .NET SDKs, I can confirm that there are no plans to stop shipping the CR.NET SDK. In fact, we are investing in new ways to use CR in .NET applications. We are currently planning the next release of the CR.NET SDK so the rumors are definitely incorret!

I hope this answers your questions.

Cheers,

Mandeep