cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxdb restore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Can someone provide some solution on the SCM7.0 system copy.

C.I. & DB on one host and Livecache on another host.

We have taken both database backups on sametime.

Successfully restored the ABAP and livecache.

Live cache restoration performed with complete data backup DBM GUI tool.

Question after successfull restoration i have compared both source & target data volumes and its file sizes under

/sapdb/livecache_sid/sapdata & saplog everything is correct.

My question from DBM GUI tool I cannot see any from the Log Area , it is 0% so there is no Used space But in Source system my Log used area is 25%.

But for Data i can see the correct total space,Perm space,Used space & Free space correctly with source system.

Am i missing anything here or do i need to do any other to recover the Log area w.r.t. source system.

Also how do i set the AutoLog ON /OFF from both DBM GUI tool and also from o.s. level.

Appreciate your response ASAP.

I would like to start with Post Installation steps once after resolving the Log area used % issue if it really matters.

Regards,

Medha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My question from DBM GUI tool I cannot see any from the Log Area , it is 0% so there is no Used space But in Source system my Log used area is 25%.

> But for Data i can see the correct total space,Perm space,Used space & Free space correctly with source system.

Each database produces its own logs. If you backed up the database and you restored it, then you have the data of exact that point where your started the backup. Since the database is online now it produces its own logs.

I suggest reading through the documentation to get the full concept of that.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/87/dba841c0dae234e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

> Also how do i set the AutoLog ON /OFF from both DBM GUI tool and also from o.s. level.

I can also here just point to the documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/30/f7c7a75be311d4aa1500a0c9430730/frameset.htm

Sometimes it's just helpful to enter a few search terms in google or here in the SDN search windows. I know, it can be tedious but you should try.

> Appreciate your response ASAP.

For "ASAP" questions this here is not the right place, answers here are given voluntarily, nobody will answer faster or slower if your demand for it. Just think abou it - no offense given.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Thank You for your prompt response.

Regards,

Medha

Answers (0)