Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I export HR infotype text elements and then import them elsewhere?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to extract PCL1 TX text elements from one SAP client and want to import them into another. Have any of you tried and succeeded at this?

I have had some, but not total success. I am actually creating the text element records in pcl1 using the 'export text-version wa_text to database pcl1(tx) id wa_text-i_key' command. The key matches exactly the key in the client I have copied the text elements from. There is also an 'X' in the infotype record in the itxex field, and the 'display text' button shows on the screen. However, when I select the 'display text' button from the PA20 or PA30 screen, all I get is a blank infotype text screen.

Any suggestions?

Edited by: Kathy Cunningham on May 12, 2011 10:42 PM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the key fields for the missing records is similar for both the clients ?

0 Kudos

The key fields are exactly the same in both systems.

0 Kudos

You might be missing the ptext parameter that contains the text. I found the below syntax that may help:

EXPORT
    text-version FROM version
    ptext        FROM IT_TEXT
  TO DATABASE pcl1(TX) ID pskey
    FROM pcl1.

Upon further review, it does appear you may sending it, just not using the "from" syntax.

Edited by: Ron Mulig on May 13, 2011 8:56 AM

0 Kudos

Making that change made no difference. I can see that the records have been added to pcl1, but when I go to PA20 or PA30 and select the text button I get a blank text screen returned to me. Is there a way for me to be able to tell if the text elements are actually being uploaded or if only the pcl1 records are being created? Any way to look at cluster table data other than with the import statement?

0 Kudos

I was able to resolve the issue myself. My final command statement reads:

EXPORT text-version

ptext

to database pcl1(tx) id tx-key.

Lines of text data are in ptext table

key is in tx-key

Need to include rpc1tx00 which contains definition of text-version, ptext and tx-key