Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Assigning destination

Hello, My client has a requirement of assigning new shipto country based on company, profit center and shipto country. so basically these are the three dimensions - Company, profitcenter, and shiptocountry. now for specific combinations, client wants to reassign in coming data to new shiptocountry. The user should be able to add to these combinations. In other words, they should be able to say, for company code - 100, profitcenter - pca2, shiptocountry - USA, change shiptocountry to Europe. they are using microsoft 7.5.

So here are my questions

1 - is data maanger only option available for user to go ahead and make this change?

2 - - where can I store all these rules?

Zack, I fully understand your boss' concern. Custom SP is not supported in any way whereas script logic is a standard feature. Aside from that I agree with Leandro that SP is far better manipulating SQL data. I would bet that script logic with similar functionality is several times slower that SP.

However, I think it might be possible to get results with script logic but beware of pulling must of the hair out and hearing complaints about the system being slow.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question