cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proxy(Asynch) --> PI --> WebService (Sync).

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is ECC-Proxy(Sync) --> PI --> Web Service(Sync) then the response of the WS will be received by PI. I know BPM should be used for this scenario, but the one I am fmailiar is Sync to Async communication. If it is possibe to do Async to Sync scenario or there is another approach to use, I would like to know more details on how to do it.

I appreciate your input on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

amankumarmangla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Though this is a very old post now, I guess the below links can help someone having similar doubts in future.

Async/Sync and Sync/Async bridges can be configured using standard beans instead of BPM.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80f96dbf-adca-3010-ffb5-daf2d1f0e...

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since your scenario is ECC-Proxy(Sync) --> PI --> Web Service(Sync), you will not require a BPM. Just search in sdn with synchronous scenarios and you will get a lot of good blogs on how it needs to be configured.

The BPM only needs to be used if the scenario is Sync to Async.

For a async to sync scenario, how you design depends on what you need to do with the response that is sent back by the receiver.

Regards

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your description is confusing.. Are u doing sync proxy to sync webservice or async proxy to ws (sync)?

If you do sync to sync no BPM is required. You can do without BPM for aynch to synch scenario using request response bean / one way response bean module.

Please Refer this [link|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without%20BPM)]

In your case, instead of RFC which is synchronous, we can use Webservice.

Edited by: Baskar Gopal on May 12, 2011 4:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion. It is Async --> Synch scenario?. I know for Sync to Async there is a bridge that I can use in BPM, but how Asyn to Sync would be designed. In regard to the response messgae, it should be sent back all the way to be stored in SAP tables.

Edited by: AdamDevito on May 18, 2011 10:30 PM

Edited by: AdamDevito on May 18, 2011 10:33 PM

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

If you want the response to go all the way back to be updated into SAP Tables, then why not design the sending abap proxy as synchronous? Then your scenario becomes as Synchronous - Synchronous.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for repalying. The sender system has to send the message Async and the receiver syystem has to receive it Synch. They want to capture thr response result as success oor failure?.

I tried to expalin to the client to you use Synch but they do not want to do that.

Edited by: AdamDevito on May 18, 2011 10:56 PM

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

You can try using the following approach.

It talks about file (Async) - RFC (Synch) - file (Async). But i think you can do the smae thing for your scenario

Proxy (Async) - SOAP (Sync) - Proxy (Async)

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=201164213

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

But usually we donot create SOAP communication channel. Do you know if I created a SAOP CC would work with SOAP scenarios?

The link you sent me earlier , it is for Synch --> Asynch scenario.

Edited by: AdamDevito on May 18, 2011 11:59 PM