Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy - Mass profile generation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

When we do a client copy from source to target client - Do we have to do mass generation of profiles in the target client?

Sorry to keep the question too general. I got like more than 5000 roles copied from source to target and i am wondering if i need to generate them. Is SUPC the right tcode if in case i need to generate them ? Please let me know. Thanks in advance for your answers

Venkat

SAP Security Consultant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can import the all the roles, profiles and user masters with with client copy only with the profile SAP_USER. Ask your basis team client copy only profile SAP_USER

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Which profile was used for the copy... However i dont think a regenration is necessary for all the roles.

I have hardly come across situations which involved role regenrations after client copy. From a security side, all we have to take care is CUA set up (If it exists in your landscape), Back up of User-Role mapping for any issues later and lock's/unlocks to make sure no unwanted users gain access to the new clients... But as far as i go, it was not a post client copy steps list that we used to maintain...However it would be interseting to see if you find any ungenerated roles in SUPC that were in generated status in the Source Client.

Hope it helps.

~Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can import the all the roles, profiles and user masters with with client copy only with the profile SAP_USER. Ask your basis team client copy only profile SAP_USER

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You must go to transaction PFCG - > Utilities Mass Generation .

And Click Roles With Non-Current Profiles and click Generate Automatically.

And Execute (F8)

You can Execute in Background or Online...

Regards

Maikel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to do a regen if performing this using client copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone !, each and every answer has something to learn ! thanks guys.........