cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Graphics in Smartforms

former_member257859
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm creating a Smartform that needs a color picture. I load the picture via SE78 checking the Color Bitmap Image but when I print the Smartform it comes out black and white and somewhat blurry. Are there any tips or techniques of loading a color bmp into SE78? I can view the bmp in Paint and looks perfect and prints in color but not when I transport the image via SE78 picture does not print in color and is somewhat blurry..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a common issue. It's not related to the resolution/dpi setting in the graphic as the other poster suggested. Convert your image to 256 (8 bit) color depth and then re-upload it. The graphics manager doesn't like any other setting.

Make sure you applied the correct setting in the form as well: BCOL or Dynamic...

former_member257859
Participant
0 Kudos

What is the best way to convert an image to 256 8-Bit Color?

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most graphic tools can do it. As I've posted before, I use a batch converter tool called Faststone Image Viewer when I need to convert a bunch of images at once. It's a handy tool. You can Google for others.

former_member257859
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help so far.

I used Fastone Image Viewer and saved the file with 256 Colors. I loaded the file via SE78 the picture displays in color but when I send to printer it is black & white although by making it a 256 Color it is now a little less blurry. The printer I'm using is a color printer because I can print Word and Excel document in color on that printer. Anything else I can try? Again thanks for all your help.

Gary

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the device definition in SPAD (output attributes tab). Is it defined as a color printer? SAP may not be issuing the correct print controls if not...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

There is limited color printing capabilities with the standard device types. Basically you can print logo's in color by following the steps in SAP note 39031. Following the steps in the attached note should enable you to print color bitmaps from forms to a color capable printer.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are u using a color printer to print it?

set the resolution in Smartform Graphics.

Sameer.

former_member257859
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I am using a color printer, it prints the graphic from Paint in Color but not from Smarform using same printer DELL 2130cn. Resolution is 200 DPI.