Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled back ground job not finishing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hie gurus, i need your help with back ground scheduling , i have created a background schedule to run my program after every 30min . in the job overview it shows my job released and active but its not finishing processing . the program being run picks up data from an external data base and then inserting via BDC call transaction. i have tried with a different program that inserts data into a database table and its executing and finishing well in the back ground. What could be the problem ? and how can i debug a back ground job ??

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

To start, BDCs are very out-dated. I would look for a BAPI if you are calling std SAP functionality.

Also - direct updates into std SAP tables is a HUGE "no-no"... I hope that you are updating custom tables only.

Pass that - to debug a b/g job--->

1) Set a breakpoint in your program

2) select the job in SM37

3) enter JDBG into the SAP fastpath of the SM37 screen and press ENTER

This will navigate you into a b/g debug - you can then press the debugger buttons to move to your breakpoint.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

hie i have managed to debug but there are no errors , i can process it right through the end and it creates the material but stil the program is not finishing in the job overview , it just remains active