cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible width for COLUMN_DEFAULT using Module com.sap.ip.bi.rig.Col in WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I want to hide on column in my report. Therefore I used modification module com.sap.ip.bi.rig.ColumnWidth as described in:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/47/a0623a12753377e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

This works fine for the column I want to hide. But all other columns have a standard width of maybe 50. I tried to use Parameter COLUMN_DEFAULT but as far as I know and see in the result, I can just set a width for all the other columns.

What I want is, to have the standard width given if you don't use the modification module. This seems to be impossible. I know I can set width for every single column. But I don't want that and what if someone do a drill down with a new characteristic or something?

Any Ideas?

Kind regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Just a thought, if you simply wanna hide a column in your report, you can hide it in BEx if to be hidden in all reports where used, else you can create a query view on the underlying query for use in a specific scenario.

Actually, the column width modification is more from a formatting angle (say if you combine 2 or 3 Analysis item views where in you would want their columns aligned with each other)

--Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

thank you for you explenations. I need the column for exception on other columns. This doesn't work if the column is hidden.

Is there no chance to set default as dynamic width?

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh Ok Peter! Sorry, but there seems to be no option in that case to set dynamic width for column default. You either implement it fully or none.

--Priya

Answers (0)