cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the use of Transaction Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

Could anybody tell me what is the use of TRANSACTION GROUP field.i found in Both Sales Document Type and in Billing Document Type also.What is the main use in Order and Billing individually,could you explain me with example.

Thank you in advance.

D Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction group

A grouping that allows you to control certain characteristics of a transaction according to sales document type.

Use

The transaction group controls,

the types of sales documents you can process with certain system transactions in sales processing

for which sales, shipping and billing documents the system should update reporting indices (in tables TVIND and TINPA).

Procedure

The transaction group that you enter in table T180 (Next screen processing), must agree with the group that you enter in table TVAK (sales document types). If you leave the field blank in table TVAK, then the system does not check the transaction group.

In simple it is grouping of document

Example -

Inquiry has transaction group - 1 it means you can process this document only by t-code VA11

Quotation has transaction group - 2 it means you can process this document only by t-code VA21

Order has transaction group - 0 it means you can process this document only by t-code VA01

Now you can change transaction group for inquiry and quotation as 0

Then you can able to process all above documents only by VA01

KAPIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

Thank you

Answers (0)