cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP users identification - rename SAP Ids

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have a project to change the codification of our SAP users.

We will use the AD ids as SAP users instead of the current codification.

We will copy the current user to a new one and close the current.

After this operation, all the users will lost their layout variants, their user-settings ...

Do you know if it is possible to transfer all the user-specific objects to the new user ?

Do you know if a program exists to list all the program where the SAP user is used ?

thanks for you help.

Kind regards

Véronique

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Véronique,

I have same requirement as you ( rename SAP user ID with AD ID), so can you share with me how you do the project in 2012?

Thanks,

Lynn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lynn,

We were in SAP ECC 6.0

We created a specific program to recreate  old users to new users based on an input file.

We didn't rename the user to keep the old user and keep the possibility to check the complete settings of this user.

We deleted the old user one year after.

With the specific program :

1/ we created the new user

2/ we copied some settings : layout variant, workflow settings, user settings, power list settings (linked to SAP EP)

we have the possibility to close the old user (lock and validity date) but we did it after in a second step

I hope it is clear

thanks

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear veronique,

Thanks for your reply! Sorry for the late response.

It's very clear about the process.

But could you share me about how to copy the setting of  layout variant, workflow settings, user settings and power list settings? I can only copy the user favorites via user copy..

Thank you again!

Regards,
Lynn

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to change the SAP users Id. For example, my id is CCNAME.

My AD ids is name, so my new SAP user id has to be name.

This operation has to be done on one system, it is a copy in the same system from one sap id to another.

Thanks

Kind regards

Véronique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

can you be little clear on this are you trying to move your SAP users to a new system?

Regards

Vivek