cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced Working Hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus-

I have a German employee who will be working 3hrs a day and will have 3hrs short time(reduced working hours) to make up her schedule of 6hrs per day. In the Period Work Schedule how do I configure this?

Should I leave her at her current schedule of 30hrs and mark her part time or change her schedule to 15hrs?

All feedback is appreciated.

Donna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can implement this through 2 options:

1) Custom filed on IT0007 that would capture the planned hours and any reduced working hours if applicable.

2) Create a subtype for IT2012. This subtype should capture the reduced hours on the planned times... You can now use them in your Time Eval to ensure that the planned hours of 6 hrs are met. In your given example, the planned hours are 6 hrs. The employee works 3 hours and 3 hrs are captured through IT2012. (We recently used this method in our German implementation and it worked like a charm)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harshal-

Thank you very much for your response. We have been using IT0049 to capture the reduced working hours. Capturing the time here would work as well; don't you think?

May I email you some time about the Time Eval schema?

Donna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you could use IT0049... but in our case we did not...

The reason why we used Time Eval and IT2012 option was because of our specific requirement.

At my client, the employees worked extra hours and accrued Flextime. After accumulating sufficient flextime, they could use this flextime towards reduce working hours. We would capture the reduced hours in IT2012 and then use it to deplete the Flextime Quota.

I guess the business requirements drive how we implement these functionalities...

You can reach me for Time Eval queries...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No new configuration required in period work schedule ( any of the work schedules)

In IT0007 Reduce the employment percentage as 50(part time employee flag is automatically assigned by sap system) system will automatically reduce the working hours as like your requirement , and it will also reduce the capacity utilization level by half in IT0008

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use IT0007 to identify the employee as being a part time employee at 50%, and modify the IT0008 accordingly (50% and half the hours),

or you could create a 3 hour work schedule and assign the employee to it.