cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stms problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts:

I was troubled in my transport system. Our ECC6.0 system run on AIX server, the transport system is very simple, there are only two systems in the landscape,filesystem /usr/sap/trans is export from development server and then mount on production server by NFS. However, as the user ID and group ID in DEV and PRD OS are different, so everytime a change request is released in DEV system, when I try to import it into PRD system, there is a popup with error infomation "Transport control program tp ended with error code 0212 Errors: could not access file as supposed (see dev_tp or". And this error is caused by OS authorization according to the log, the two transport file generated in DEV system couldn't be read by prdadm dur to the authorization limited. So how can I solve this problem?

Thanks all very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends:

Thank you all for your kindly help. This problem has been solved by changing devadm user id and sapsys group id to the same with prd side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siphrase Chen,

Just give 777 permission to the u201Ctransu201D in development and try again.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, it works in your way, but everytime I need to do this if there is a new change request, so what I want to do is to solve it completely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siphrase

This is a two system landscape and development system is the domain controller right?

On production system can you run consistency check once and see if you see any errors connecting to /usr/sap/trans.

Also check if the mount point can be accessed by prdadm user.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siphrase,

Change the permission and add sapsys user into sidadm group.

Thanks

Deepak R patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, there are only two systems in transport route, and DEV is the domain controller.

I have checked in SAP system and the result is ok.

To avoid authorization problem, I grant 777 to directory trans and then prdadm is able to cotrol files in this folder, but the problem is even the folder authorization is 777, after I release a new change request, the new files are generated with 664, usr and group is devadm:sapsys in DEV system, however, in PRD side, prdadm doesn't have authrization to control this file, as sapsys group ID isn't same in DEV and PRD system.

So everytime I need to change anthorization for the two files manully before it can be imported.