cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM_CLNT_EXTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, ive configured this extraction and the job is always failing. I´ve created the distribution model with the message MDMRECEIPT in the receiver side MDM and in the variant for MDM_CLNT_EXTR i´ve included CREDITOR_EXTRACT, and the logical system i defined as target. When i start the extraction i get a short dump with this message MESSAGE_TYPE_UNKNOWN

Can somebody help me?

Cheers.

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

first of all I have to correct Vinay's answer. If you're using transaction MDM_CLNT_EXTR, you have to use IDoc type CREMDM and you've to set up the MDMRECEIPT Idoc as well.

Before I get into more details: did you follow the instructions in the <a href="https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700004656452006E">IT Scenario Configuration Guide</a> for MDM? This document explains how-to setup MDM, XI and ERP to successfully distribute data from ERP to MDM and vice versa.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls use CREMAS as the message type. MDMRECEIPT is not used during extraction. Its more a acknowledgement of a syndication.

Regards,

Vinay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I guess you are familiar with MDMRECEIPT01 IDOC that can be used for material acknowledgement. What I want to do is to syndicate material from MDM to R/3 and send acknowledgement back to MDM with newly created R/3 material number.

I am not really sure how to configure/setup the MDMRECEIPT01 IDOC. Appreciate if you can help me on this. Thanks in advance.

Zamri