cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Carryforward Error

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the balance carryforward package is executed the package progress status is "Complete" but the detail log which follows states an error occurred but no details are provided and there are no baances carried forward.

/CPMB/MODIFY completed in 0 seconds

/CPMB/CLEAR completed in 0 seconds

[Selection]

-

(Member Selection)

ENTITY:

C_CATEGORY: C_100

GROUPS:

TIME: 2009.JAN

[Messages]

-

Error found in BPC

Application: LEGALAPP Package status: SUCCESS

The logic, which validated successfully is:

//For running balance carry forward rule (copy opening)

*RUN_PROGRAM COPYOPENING

CATEGORY = %C_CATEGORY_SET%

CURRENCY = %GROUPS_SET%

TID_RA = %TIME_SET%

*ENDRUN_PROGRAM

The rules validated successfully:

Source Account Source Flow Destination Account Destination Flow Reverse Sign Data Source Type

1 F_999 F_100 Unchecked

39000000 F_999 25712000 F_100 Unchecked All

39000000 F_999 25712000 F_ARES Checked All

Any suggestions for resolving the error are greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SEdelstein
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dan -

Please review the set up details in the following guide:

[How to Configure the Balance Carry Forward Business Rules for SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation 7.5, version for Netweaver|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70657540-106d-2e10-8393-d702056767a4]

Make sure you have all of the required properties configured. That;'s the cause of 95% of these issues.

Regards,

Sheldon

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheldon, I appreciate your suggestion and have followed the document exactly and still get the error.

Any further suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Can you please confirm:

- Whether you are using a YTD or Periodic application

- Any settings have been made in your category dimension properties (source category, month, year)

- You have set-up your data source to carry forward and the source data source is of Type I or M

- Your flow dimension includes a dedicated opening flow

- The Period number and Month have been entered correctly in your time dimension properties

I assume you are trying to carry forward December records into Jan? If you're following a non-calendar fiscal year this can cause issues if you're using a periodic application. We've had a situation at a client whereby they had to enter the Period 12 property as DEC even though, the month was JUNE, but this was using 7.0 NW SP3.

Can you recreate the error in a copy of Appshell?

Cheers

Stuart

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Application (LEGALAPP) is YTD

The properties of CATEGORY are:

CATEGORY_FOR_OPE

COMPARISON

EVDESCRIPTION

FX_DIFFERENCE_ONLY

FX_SOURCE_CATEGORY

OPENING_PERIOD

OPENING_YEAR

RATE_CATEGORY

RATE_PERIOD

RATE_YEAR

STARTMTH

STORED_CALC

YEAR

Yes, the data source is set to carry forward and source data source is type M

Yes, the flow dimension member for opening flow is in place

Yes, the period and year are entered correctly (calendar year)

Creating a copy of APPSHELL is not an oprion at this time.

Edited by: Dan Sullivan on Jun 6, 2011 9:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Sorry to ask, but I assume you've checked in the backend that the closing balance flow (F_999) has actually been populated for Period 12 of the prior year, as opposed to only having data on a movement flow and opening balance?

Failing that you may want to check the BW info-objects or BPC front-end to ensure your property values are saving correctly.

Is your data saved against LC (shouldn't make a difference)?

Cheers

Stuart

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes there is data for the closing flow in period 12 of the previous year. Thaks for the suggestion though.

It is not clear to me what you mean by "check the BW info-objects or BPC front-end to ensure your property values are saving correctly" and how to do that. Any clarifications regarding this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

I also face exactly the same issue.

Br

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

With older versions of the product we sometimes found that the master data saved in the BPC Admin Dimension spreadsheet wasn't saving back to the underlying info-object in BW. However, if you check the master data in RSA1 or the Excel front-end you can see whether this is the case or not.

One last thing. Have you ensured that the ACCTYPE property for your balance sheet accounts has been set to AST or LEQ?

Cheers

Stuart

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have confirmed that the master data saved in the BPC Admin Dimension spreadsheet is also in the underlying info-object in BW via t-code RSA1 and that the ACCTYPE property for the balance sheet accounts is set to AST or LEQ.

Any further suggestions ae greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Were you able to resolve your issue? I have the same problem with the balance carry forward program not being executed properly.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I solved my BCF issue:

As rightly stated by Sheldon, the issue us more on the required properties set up. If the properties are of thedimensions are properly set up you get the result correctly. It is really a painstaking effort.

With regards

Siva

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've checked and re-checked the dimension properties and the rules and logic. It all appears correct per the how-to document, but I'm still getting the error and no results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I also faced a similar issue, but was able to FINALLY resolve it. My error was a result of incorrect master data in the dimensions.

Please check your master data in the CATEGORY type dimension and make sure that whatever category you are using for the BCF is actually valid for the time period in question. In addition, please verify your master data in the TIME type dimension. (You might already know this, but the CATEGORY type dimension should reference the TIME type dimension).

Please let me know if that helped at all.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The category dimension member C_100 is currently 2008. I want to execute BCF for Jan 2009 but when I try to add a member with the same value (C_100) for 2009 the error that occurs states: "Duplicate dimension member C_100 is detected".

Any further suggestions regarding this are greatly appreciated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any suggestions for resolving the error are greatly appreciated.