cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reconfigure the Event Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 3 servers for Enterprise XI v3.1. Let's call them A, B, and C. There is an Event Server running on server A, but it somehow is referring to server B and does not recognize the file events on A. There is also an Event Server on C, referring to C, and it works fine.

The properties for A.EventServer show these Command Line Parameters:

-loggingPath "C:/Program Files/Business Objects/BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0/logging/"

-fg -restart -name A.EventServer -ns b.our.domain:6400 -pidfile "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\serverpids\A_A.EventServer.pid"

Here's the problem/question: The loggingPath parameter is in an editable text box. The other parameters are in a display-only area of the Command Line Parameters panel. How do you edit them, specifically, the -ns parameter? I presume it needs to be -ns a.our.domain:6400.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to the Central Configuration Manager on server A and looked at the properties of the SIA. The only reference I saw to server B is on the Startup tab, referring to Remote CMS Servers. (And, on server B, the CCM/SIA parameters name server A as the remote CMS.)

I also checked some of the other "servers" on server A and found that they consistently show the uneditbale -ns parameter pointing to server B. This was probably the result of the migration process coming from the old, v3.0 server.

I suspect we can stop the SIA on server A, remove the Remote CMS parameter, and restart the SIA, and that should resolve the -ns parameter.

But, I happened to edit the non-firing Event and found that the Event Server in question began recognizing the file creation. (In the process, we also discovered that the event server will watch files based on a UNC path as well as a file system path, but that's another story.)

Thanks for your help, Krys. We may not use your suggestion this time around, but we'll have a better idea next time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

The -ns option is not supported at R3. This is manage for SIA.

In "Administrator's Guide":

"... For experienced administrators of BusinessObjects Enterprise, please note

that you can no longer use the -ns option on the server command line to

configure which CMS a server should register with. This is now handled

automatically by the SIA. ..."

May be you created A.eventserver on machine A but on B node ?

best regards

Krys