Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Dataset for input in BINARY MODE not working after ECC 6.0 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our requirement is to download an XML file from the application server and there is a customized program to download these files.

This program uses the statement, Open dataset ...for input in BINARY MODE

and it works perfect for 4.7. There were no issues. But, after the upgrade to ECC 6.0 this does not work.

When the data is read in ECC 6.0 , it is shown in some special characters and it could not be opened with XML editor and the file is not completely downloaded. I read through the forum and tried the following statement as well,

Open dataset....for input in LEGACY BINARY MODE.

After this statement, there were no special characters, but there is a blank space introduced before every character.

Example : TEST(actual)

T E S T (After the legacy binary mode)

Could you please let me know if there is any solution to rectify this problem. Appreciate your help.

Thanks a million.

Edited by: Manikd on May 12, 2011 3:52 PM

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI...

can you use enocding text mode.....

OPEN DATASET XXXXXX FOR INPUT IN TEXT MODE ENCODING DEFAULT

0 Kudos

But this program was already using BINARY MODE and after upgrade this is not working. I know, it may work in TEXT MODE. However, I cannot change the whole program to TEXT mode now.