Update Info Structure S012 - Steps
I need your help. I want to update the structure S012 because of some change in the customising were made, but, I want to be sure that the following steps are correct in order to update the data. This is that I want to do:
1. I am going to the Customizing tree): Logistics - General + Logistics Information System (LIS) + Logistics Data Warehouse + Data Basis + Tools + Setup of Statistical Data + Application-specific Setup of Statistical Data + Perform Setup - Purchasing
2. Then, I am selection = PURCHIS Statistical Setup (program RMCENEUA, transaction OLI3)
3. Once I am in the report, this is the data selected:
a. Info structure to be compile = S012
b. Save under version = &(1
c. Document date = 01.01.2011 to 31.05.2011
d. Name of run = SAP1
e. Termination date = 12.05.2011
f. Termination time = 14:00:00
g. Redeterm. of update group? = u201CXu201D
h. Update documents? = u201CXu201D
i. Block all documents? = u201CXu201D
4. After that, I am checking that the data was created in the table S012, and, yes, it was updated correctly.
5. Then, I want to copy my version u201C&(1u201D to the version u201C000u201D. I am going to the Customizing tree): Logistics - General + Logistics Information System (LIS) + Logistics Data Warehouse + Data Basis + Tools + Setup of Statistical Data + Application-specific Setup of Statistical Data + Perform Setup u2013 Purchasing + Setup: Copy/Delete Versions.
6. There, I am selecting the Info structure = S012 and click in the u201CCopy versionu201D button.
7. In the program, this is the data selected:
a. Source version = &(1
b. Target info structure = S012
c. Target version = 000
But, I want to check if these steps are correct before copy the version. I am confusing with some information from SAP that they are mentioning delete the version 000.
Could you help me, please?
Yes - you generally need to delete the data from the target version before copying the updated data.
An exception is if you are adding missing data (for example you didn't have updating turned on for a particular combination) and your update run has just captured the data for this.
However, if you are changing the data - yes - the target data needs to be deleted. You can copy it to a 3rd version 1st.
Test everything in a QA or sandbox first.