cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Flow Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am configuring document flow for Outbound delivery to have Delivery item linked to Delivery, Shipment linked to Delivery and Handling unit linked to Delivery Item.

I defined one document flow group say Z_DEL1 which has sequence 1 for Delivery Header, 2 for Delivery Item with predecessor Delivery Header, 3 for Shipment with predecessor Delievry Header and 4 for Handling Unit with predecessor Delivery Item.

I defined Source and Predecessor document mappings for each of these sequences. Now I defined one multitask EH update activity say Z_DEL_ACT1 with task UPDATE, activity DF_UPDATE_FROM_EH and DF group Z_DEL1.

I defined this as combined scenario of Delivery and Shipment. Now I have a question, shall I need to assign this EH Upd Act2 field with value Z_DEL_ACT1 for all Event Handler Types related to Delivery Header, Delivery Item, Shipment and Handling Unit or is it sufficient to assign EH Upd Act2 only for Delivery Header?

The scenario is to configure document flow only for Delivery with successors as delivery item, shipment and handling unit. The document flow net should get updated automatically whenever a shipment is created or handling unit is created.

Also, I have 2 customized statuses for delivery header document which I need to display in the table of document flow window. I am taking the fields from /SAPTRX/EH_STAT. Shall I need to add these two fields in the structure of relevant document category like addition of these 2 fields in table /1DF/1ODL400?

I hope I am clear on my questions and please advise as soon as possible on these.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

it depends how your scenario is set up - if you just have one Event Handler and all other events are sent via Event Messages you need to use Activity function DF_UPDATE in the rule set.

If you have more than one Event Handler you need to assigned your group to EH Upd Act2 .

Regards

Berthold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Berthold

Thanks for the suggestion. We are having different event handlers for different documents like Delivery, Delivery Item, Shipment and Handling Unit. May I know how do I design a document flow only for delivery Header with successors Delivery Items, Shipments and Handling Units?

Is one document flow group enough?

Shall I need to assign the same document flow group to all the event handlers?

Hi All

Please share if you have any document on this with an example (relevant for EM 7.0 version). I appreciate your quick response on this.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

This is critical. Could you share your inputs?

Thanks

Ravi

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

if i remember correctly you need one group per business document i.e. Delivery, Shipment and HU in your case.

For Delivery and Shipment categories are already defined in the system. For HU you must still do this in the basis DF customizing.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen

If I create different Document Flow groups for different Business Documents, then DF will be activated for each of these documents. But I wanted to activate DF only for Delivery with successors as Delivery Item, Shipment and HU. Please let me know if this is possible with one DF group only.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this should be possible if your are able to define predecessor and successor in this one DF group.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen, Hi All

Could you please share any document on how to configure the document flow for the scenario I explained initially?

I still have a doubt, if I use one document flow group and define one EH update activity and assign the same to Delivery Event Handler Type, will system update the docuemnt flow whenever the Event Handlers for successors of Delivery (like Delivery Item, Shipment, Handling Unit etc) get created in EM system? or Shall I need to assign the same EH update activity to all Event Handler Types which are successors to Delivery?

I hope I am clear on my question.

This is really urgent.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

This is critical. Could you please help me in this?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please suggest. Your inputs are very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am re-opening this again. I still could not be able to configure the document flow.

In our current system, we have seperate EH for Delivery, Delivery Item, Shipment and HU. I need to create a document flow scenario for Delivery with successors Delivery Item, Shipment and HU. All are event handlers.

I really appreciate if you give the detailed steps. Like how may Document Flow groups I need to define, how many EH update activities I need to define in order to get my requirement fulfilled. FYI, all these EH document numbers are stored in seperate extension tables. I need to link them and show in a document flow net.

Thanks

Ravi

Answers (0)