cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL account determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured COGS account in GL determination as FG - cost of goods sold.

when ever user make an delivery JE for the same is created as

Finished Goods

FG - cost of goods sold

this is correct

but for some items this JE is created as

Finished goods

some other account(eg dummy)

I have checked this dummy a/c is not assigned to any Item group and warehouse.

The set GL option in general setting is set by warehouse.

please help what could be wrong in setting since many delivery JE are created with the 2nd effect

Also would like to know if the amoun is transfer from dummy account to FG - cost of goods sold will it cause any difference item cost of sales item.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check under GL determination for the Dummy account. It is probably mapped to variance account.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

I have checked variance account but dummy a/c is not assigned.

Actually initially this dummy a/c was determined for cost of goods sold in GL which was later change to a/c in different level.

I have edited and updated all the item groups and warehouse but still the JE shows dummy a/c.

I tred to delete this dummy a/c it gives error " cannot delete a/c which is assigned to period category".

Please help me so that i can locate this dummy a/c since this effecting my delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the Delivery

click on arrow (item code) and go to item master (do it for all items in delivery)

check Set G/L account by in inventory tab

II guess for this item it will be by Item Level.

Hope it helps !

BR

Samir Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is: even if you changed the setting, all historical documents are still tied in to the old Dummy account. You can not get away from it. Only the new documents can have the new account assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what Gordon replied, if you are on version 8 you can manually enter the GL in your transaction so that it has the correct/new GL instead of the old one in the base document.

HTH,

Heather

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks