cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox Formula!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to help for fox formulas in BI-IP. i want to calculate net revenue. i have two data cubes.First cube is SALES, second is PARAMETER and i created multi-provider that include these cubes.

NET REVENUE= GROSS REVENUE- DISCOUNTS. this is my formula. after i calculate this , i must change type of currency and This value is calculated on the monthly average exchange rate which is comming from parameter cube.my currencies are turkish lira(TRY), euro(EUR) and dollars(USD).

in this formula, type of currency is 00.for example i want to convert it to 10 for TRY and to 20 for EUR and to 30 for USD.

for example;

DATA CUR TYPE 0CURRENCY.

DATA TCUR TYPE 0CURTYPE.

FOREACH CUR,TCUR.

{Net Revenue,CUR,00}={Gross Revenue,CUR,00}-{Discount,CUR,00}

{Net Revenue,TRY,10}=.......

{Net Revenue,EUR,20}=.....

{Net Revenue,USD,30}=....

i how can i do it ???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i created two planning function . first function is net revenue is true but second function dont produce records and see monthly average exchange rate from parameter cube. how can i do??

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please give more information about:

name of key figure for rate and key figure you want to do the currency translation

structure of you formula - which are the fields to be changed

differences in characteristics between cube with parameters / rates and cube with the real values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you need parameter cube for currency conversion.

Already exchenge rates are avialable in TCURR table. Hence you can use standard IP planning function type Currency Translation, where you can give exchange rate type as M for average rate, and give from currency and to currency.

Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You create two planning functions. One Planning Function to calculate Net Revenue.

Another Planning Function to do Currency Translation.

Regards,

Shyam

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

see additions below.

DATA CUR TYPE 0CURRENCY.

DATA TCUR TYPE 0CURTYPE.

FOREACH CUR,TCUR.

{Net Revenue,CUR,00}={Gross Revenue,CUR,00}-{Discount,CUR,00}

if cur = TRY.

{Net Revenue,cur,10}={Net Revenue,CUR,00}.

endif.

if cur = EUR.

{Net Revenue,cur,20}={Net Revenue,CUR,00}.

endif.

endfor.

regards

Cornelia