cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Business Transaction" in status profile customizing?

0 Kudos

Hi,

When I do customizing to define a new status profile, for each status line, the last column is "Trans.". And when I double click it will goto another screen "Transaction Control" to define business transaction and action, from F1 help it says:

Business Transaction

Transaction that the user executes on the screen.

Use

Objects that use general status management functions can define at business transaction level whether a function is allowed or not.

Examples

You execute a business transaction when you

Post to a G/L account

Release an order/project

Post goods received

Enter a confirmation

So could you please tell me what the functionality of "Business transaction" here? How can I define my own business transaction?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This are some predelived functionalities that cab be triggered or forbiden and so on, when certain status is set. For example: you can create user status ZCOM (e.g. Completed) and set business transaction "Change document" to "Forbidden". This will mean that once this status is set, document is locked and can't be changed.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your answer! But can I define my own business transaction in system? How to do it?

Thanks and Best regards,

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if you can create your own business transaction for system, but you can certainly use additional logic for status management by using:

- event for object STATUS with event AFTER_CHANGE, BEFORE_CHANGE or what ever you need

- or action with condition on status

- or badi CRM_ORDER_STATUS.