Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro - window close

dcmvdoord
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have the following question/issue:

In a couple of our webdynrpo applications wich runs in de portal we use the function: "window close" to close the webdynpro application after a user action. This works fine except that the user first see a screen with the following tekst.

"Die Anwendung wurde beendet. Sie können das Fenster jetzt schließen"

After this screen/message, the application is closed automaticaly. We get many questions about the german text / screen. Is it possible to disable this message / screen?

Please advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should not use Window Close within the Portal if the application is in the main portal page. It is only supported within the Portal if the application was opened in a new browser window via portal navigation. I imagine this is why you are receiving this message - and I'm a little suprised it worked at all. It might not work in the future. Here is the linke to the online help documenting this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/9b/65e04ea1ae4d9d8cfd329afa43e869/frameset.htm

dcmvdoord
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. The web dynpro applications are called by the UWL / popup screen. That why the window close function works fine. If we don't use that function the user end up with a blanc screen and has to close it manual.

So the function works fine, expect for the screen with the text (this is displayed a few seconds and then it will be closed as well). Nevertheless we get questions about this. Hope that you have an other solution.

With regards

Dennis

Edited by: D.C.M. van den Oord on May 12, 2011 1:41 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are using it as described in the help then you should either not receive a message or it should in the users' logon language. I would recommend opening a support ticket.

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

how did you resolve this issue? After our upgrade from Portal 7.0.21 to 7.02.10 we have the same annoying window (back) and with the same text. It appears after approving/disapproving items in the UWL.

Thanks
Marcel

dcmvdoord
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

We didn’t find a solution yet. We had still hopes that an upgrade from 7.01 to 7.02 (currently in progress)  would solve it. I see that the restriction is mentioned now in saphelp

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/9b/65e04ea1ae4d9d8cfd329afa43e869/frameset.htm

So we don't have not much options... Maybe we should raise a oss call anyway.

With regards

Dennis

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok, just posted a mesage at SMP as well.