Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Problem with the scrollbar of a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have weird problem in one of my Web Dynpro Applications:

The scroll bar of the table UI element that I am using is at the end of the table when navigating in the view where the table is located and, when scrolling up to the top of the table, the scroll bar flips down to the end of the table again.

This apprears to me as being either a framework bug or a problem with the web browser (the problems occurs in both, IE and Firefox).

Any hits on this?

THANKS,

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a coding which sets the first visible row to the last index of the table or something ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Seems the problem is with your IE. If you are using IE8 or 9, try to run the application in compatibility mode.

To do that use the compability mode button given besides the address bar.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the advices..

The firstVisibleRow property is not modified and the problems remains when using compability mode...

Any other tips here?

Thanks...

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

>

> Seems the problem is with your IE. If you are using IE8 or 9, try to run the application in compatibility mode.

>

> To do that use the compability mode button given besides the address bar.

>

> Regards,

> Vaibhav

Why would you assume the problem is Internet Explorer. The poster stated that the problem occurs in both IE and Firefox: "the problems occurs in both, IE and Firefox"

I would think that something on the server side, as suggested is the more likely candidate. Is there anything the WDDOMODIFYVIEW at all related to the table? Are there any property bindings to the table that could effect the display?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Man, i don't what was going on there.. I had to reset all three properties firstActualRow, firstVisibleRow and firstVisibleScrollableCol to their initial values, although I never had changed them...

Anyways, now it works...

THANKS.