Did you mean: 

Structural Authorization

gangadharrao_tenneti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Through STRUCTURAL AUTHORIZATION we maintained following:

DISPLAY access to object type O (Org Unit) and

MAINTAIN access to object type D (BE Type).

Issue is when we are creating relationship A 036 (Is organized by) between D and O.

System throws an error message saying that INST authorization is missing for Object type O.

But actually we should not / don't need, Maintain authorization for Object O.

How can we achieve this issue, with-out giving maintain access to Object type O.

Note: We are using L-D-E-E Evaluation path for object type D.

And Evaluation path L-D-E-E is customize i.e., Updated with object type O and relation A 036 with D, still it doesn't solve the issue.

Regards,

TG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the user is creating a relationship between D and O, the mirror relationship is created between O and D.

So the user needs the authorisation to maintain object type O (or at least the IT1001 of object O).

gangadharrao_tenneti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rémi Corriveau,

In such case I can't use structural authorizations... because I don't want to maintain object type O.

In the role authorizations, I hope it will merge all profiles, while accessing any tcode/object.

how far it is going to help me if I want to maintain object type O for only relationship A 036??

please give more explanation, in this regard.

Thanks,

TG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TG,

Through Structural authorization you only allow the person access to one part of the OrgChart where they can do what the Standard authorization can offer.

And the Standard authorization is not yet working correctly for D-O changes, right?

Regards,

Adriana

gangadharrao_tenneti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Adriana,

I hope it works with the intersection of role and structural authorizations, either of the way if you miss the any authorization it will not work properly.

Regards,

TG

gangadharrao_tenneti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This has been achieved using combination of Aspects and Role Authorization.

Answers (0)