cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal eventing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are planning to use Portal Eventing between Webdynpro ABAP and BSP iView in portal. The idea is to retrieve the data from database using WD ABAP and then pass some parameters to the BSP iview which will then point some locations on a map!. The problem is, everytime the parameters are getting passed from WD to BSP the BSP frame gets refreshed and we do not want that to happen!! Is there any other way of not having to refresh the frame whilst using Portal eventing. If not what is the other way of doing it? I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>The problem is, everytime the parameters are getting passed from WD to BSP the BSP frame gets refreshed and we do not want that to happen!!

First, this isn't a WDA question, but a BSP one. I will be moving this thread to the BSP forum.

Second - you are saying the BSP application gets refreshed when the portal event occurs - right? Well that is the correct functionality. The Portal Event is a server side event in BSP. It must return control to the server so that the ABAP event handlers can fire. Perhaps you BSP application isn't designed correctly in order to handle this server side event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am fairly new to BSP, so I would appreciate your help if you can explain me of how to design the BSP in order to handle this server side event? Does using AJAX in my BSP application solve my problem?

Regards,

Gopal.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

However this is nothing to do with WDA forum(in my opinion ), the following are my reply

I assume you have embedded 2 iView in a portal page. Are they having ISOLATION property as URL ? Please check that and change it .