cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order BOM for 3rd Party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created the 3rd party order scenario.In this scenario if i am using the material A which has got TAS item category generates the PR.also we have created BOM for Material A which explodes but my problem is tat when the BOM explodes this item category also assign to components.

since the components not required in PO so we dont require PR nos to be generated with material A.

I want to exclude the item category once the BOM explodes or is ther any other way wher i can save the order without PR.

When i try to save the order it is asking for purchase req data which i dont need to input since idont want the PR nos to be generated for components.

Kindly suggest

Thanks

Shri..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shri,

You might try this:

1) Create a seperate item category by copying TAS and assign that to the components. Then assign it a schedule line category which is not relevant for 3rd party (eg. CP)

OR

2) In TAS -> BOM Configuration, make sure that the BOM doesnt explode while creating the PR in background.

Havent tried any of these, but you might just give it a try

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the item category group of the BOM components, if these do not have BANS(Third party item, can be something else), then system will not populate item category TAS for those BOM components.

So check the item category group of the components and then check what item category is defined for that group and based on that you can narrow down the issue. for BOM components get different item category and schedule line category.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Srini

Answers (0)