cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inbound document not able to created from an outbound message EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Our inbound delivery was not able to create automatically during GI for an outbound delivery. Our inbound delivery is created via an EDI output type in the header of the outbound delivery as soon as the GI is posted.

All along, all the inbound docs are able to generate. However, for this particular outbound document, which has already GI, does not trigger the inbound document creation, and I notice that the output type message having a red light status in the message output.

When I checked the error processing log on this output message type (i.e. the red status), error message said

No goods receiving point for the combination of plant 1120 and stor.loc.

Message no. VL377

Diagnosis

No goods receiving point could be found for plant 1120 and storage location for the inbound delivery item. The delivery should still take place for the goods receiving point .

System Response

The system does not permit creation of and/or changes to the inbound delivery item.

Procedure for System Administration

Check your settings in Customizing for Determining the goods receiving point.

The funny thing is I check the SPRO setup (i.e. Assign Goods Receiving Points for Inbound Deliveries), and I notice that the goods receipt point has been assigned and configured. Further, other Delivery Order which is having the same data, does not generate such error in the message output, and the inbound is able to create.

WHy?

thanks.

Edited by: tuffy on May 12, 2011 12:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check are you able to create inbound delivery manually ?. you should get error in manual also.If you are not getting any message then debug the Idoc why it is giving error.BD87 first reprocee idoc then check if still has the problem then debug the idoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

This is a production thus, I don't want to save the inbound delivery, but it seem no problem of creating it, I will have the business create it.

So, how do i debug the idoc?

at first how do I find the idoc number of the failed transaction as when i go to the output message (i.e. in DO header) and check the processing log, system said..

Object 0082658402 (i.e. DO number)

output type: Stk Transfe Crte Deliv

Processing log for program /spe/sto_id_processing

no goods receiving point for the combination of plant 1120 and stor loc

no inbound delivery create for the replenishment order

There is IDOC no for this faild message (though GI is incurs)?

thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

implements SAP Note 1316614