Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove logo, refresh, export buttons on InfoView for Crystal Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I uploaded a CR on the infoview.

When I open it on infoview, I'd like to remove SAP logo, export and refresh buttons on the top control panel of Crystal Report Viewer.

I know we can setup Security on this Crystal Report. However, we have thousands reports, I can't setup one by one.

Is there a easy method to achieve this requirement like update default.css or delete logo file.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

about the refresh button you should be able to disable it via CMC.

Set the Server configuration Viewer Refresh Always Yields Current Data for Crystal Reprot Server (it shold be the default value).

The values specifies whether, when users explicitly refresh a report, all cached pages are ignored and new data is retrieved directly from the database.

This property can be set on a report object itself.

Gr,

Massimo

Former Member
0 Kudos

There must be a way to customize the look of the viewer in Crystal Reports Server 2008. I can see code in Toolbar.js that looks like you could theoretically manipulate to move buttons around, remove buttons, change the logo, etc. But there are about 8 different Toolbar.js files and none of them seems to have any effect on the standard web viewer. Am I missing something? What can I edit to remove, move or change buttons in the viewer? Is there some other JS file that I can edit or is there a special Toolbar.js file somewhere that I'm missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still need this question answered and then I'll be in Crystal Reports utopia!

So, here's my report from the field so far:

Edited toolbar.js files (every single one I could find) -- nothing changed

Edited web.config files (every one that had appSettings that should have had an effect) -- nothing changed.

So... what's the point of all of these web.config files with code like this:

<!-- "true" or "false" value determining whether a refresh button will be shown. -->

<add key="viewrpt.refresh" value="false"/>

...when changing that value to false has no effect on anything?!?! It appears that everything has been encapsulated into: CrystalDecisions.Web.UrlReporting.ViewRptPage with an httpHander so you basically have no control over anything any more! Am I right about this? Is there any way to override the defaults and remove the buttons you don't want from the viewer?! Help!

Thanks, I'll update if I find a hack or something around this.

--John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any input on this issue? This is a critical issue with our client and needs to be addressed this week (before 5/27/2011), if possible.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same question about disable export button for End user? as I can't control export format to set it to PDF only, So I m looking to disable the Export option ( I' m aware about security,  but I have to leave the export right enable other way mozilla firefox can' t print the report not working with Active X )

PLEASE HELP!! DEAR SAP GURU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

Is it possible to using Java BOE SDK to update the security options and disable these buttons authorization.

Would you please tell me which Class can I use or give me a code example.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

Hi,

the logo you have to remove by opening the Report in CR Designer, no other option is available.

Even if you have a lot of Reports it would be the easiest way to restrict the export and refresh functions by security.

Regards

-Seb.