cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import data from PRD to QAS for perticular duration

0 Kudos

Dear SAP Support

Our ABAP developers and Functional officers have a issue of testing some programe in QAS due to llack data. Kindly provide the solution how import data from PRD to QAS for perticular time period.

Samanmali(Basis)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Mr Sunny

Thanks for the way to do. But I don't know about TDMSand how to configure. Could you help for that.

Thanksregards

Samanmali

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TDMS = Test Data Migration Server.

It's an Addon on the ERP side and a separate software to be installed on a separate machine. With the help of that you can transfer application data by giving a "from date" (not from - to!).

The software must be licensed separately, prices are depending on the size of the source system.

http://service.sap.com/tdms

Markus

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just an opinion based on experience... The TDMS tool was somewhat buggy and more trouble than it was worth. It is possible that has changed in the last year or two with newer versions of TDMS, but I can tell you that we had several instances of having to involve SAP support to fix something with one of our refreshes. When we asked what they did, they said it was a support function and would not tell us. We did not want to potentially have to open an OSS message every time we wanted to do a data refresh. As such, we evaluated alternatives and we found another product which works much better for us. My contact information is available if you'd like to contact me. If you do, I'll be glad to share the company and product we use.

Brian

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Just an opinion based on experience... The TDMS tool was somewhat buggy and more trouble than it was worth.

Right.

> It is possible that has changed in the last year or two with newer versions of TDMS, but I can tell you that we had several instances of having to involve SAP support to fix something with one of our refreshes. When we asked what they did, they said it was a support function and would not tell us. We did not want to potentially have to open an OSS message every time we wanted to do a data refresh.

It's been like that, yes. I think I opened roughly 50 TDMS calls but quite long ago no more. It can be considered "stable" now.

> As such, we evaluated alternatives and we found another product which works much better for us. My contact information is available if you'd like to contact me. If you do, I'll be glad to share the company and product we use.

There are other products available, yes.

The SAP tools just integrate "nicely" and you don't have to deal with a 3rd party vendor (though I'm not saying that it's generally a bad thing).

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to transfer data for a particular time period then you need to implement TDMS for that. Without TDMS it is not possible to transfer data for a particular time period.

Thanks

Sunny