Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Checkbox ALV Tree CL_GUI_ALV_TREE

Hi,

I created an ALV Tree with 3 node levels like in the following:

LEVEL 1 - with checkbox

LEVEL 2 - with checkbox

LEVEL 3 - leaf without checkbox.

My ideea is to control the checkbox of LEVEL 2 if the users checks or unchecks the checkbox from LEVEL 1 (or viceversa).

I can control the checkbox very well at the beginning, for the method set_table_for_first_display. Also unchecking or checking works fine for one item. However I am not able to change the value of the checkbox of another item than the one selected.

I tried till now to use the method CHANGE_NODE which I call at the event CHANGE_CHECKBOX, but I don't see anything changed in regards with the other item, than the one selected, that I want to change. I also cleared the field CHECKBOX of the outputed structure. No results however.

Is it possible to change the ALV Tree checkbox field of another item(node) when I check/uncheck another item, or generally speaking when a particular events is raised? Or the value of the checkbox can be modified only by the user? I though as long as I am able to check the checkbox when the alv tree is created I am also able to change it programatically when a particular event occurs.

Thanks in advance for your support,

Florin

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question