Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Error in Inbound Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I have a file with Chinese characters on them. Running the program RSEINB00 results to a conversion error. After debugging, I found out that the error was caused by these Chinese characters. I am already logged in 'ZF' language. Is there something that I need to check or do so that the system will accept these characters?

Thanks so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amythiel,

The above has nothing to do with the conversion exits, If you are sure it is because of chinese characters then confirm if you are running on a Unicode system or a non unicode system. If it is a non unicode system, then change the code page(8300, 8304 etc) on the file port to accommodate for Chinese characters.

The other reason could be that the release version of the IDOC are different between source and the target system, you can check this by using tcode WE82 on both the systems.

Regards,

Chen

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

first check with this fm: check exitalpha-input so ther u can rectify ur pe=roblem i think so

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amythiel,

The above has nothing to do with the conversion exits, If you are sure it is because of chinese characters then confirm if you are running on a Unicode system or a non unicode system. If it is a non unicode system, then change the code page(8300, 8304 etc) on the file port to accommodate for Chinese characters.

The other reason could be that the release version of the IDOC are different between source and the target system, you can check this by using tcode WE82 on both the systems.

Regards,

Chen

0 Kudos

Hi Chen,

Thanks for your reply. I just confirmed that we are using a Unicode system. Do you know what set up I should do?

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos

Hi amythiel,

Go to WE21 and double click on the file port that you enter on "RSEINB00", under system setting check if Unicode formatting is selected?

Regards,

Chen

0 Kudos

Hi Chen,

I went to WE21 and ticked the Unicode format in the port I am using and it is now working. Thanks so much!

Regards,

amythiel