Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have item which allows order as well as delivery relevant billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

With the help of our forum few days back I had configured a scenario where

--> Create service material, with item category TAW.

--> Changes in the copy control allowing Billing without PGI.

As per the client, if the Service material is used along with Finished Good, it should go through Delivery and then Billing

If Only Service material is used in the Sales Order, then there is no need to create delivery and hence Billing should be created with the reference of the Sales Order itself.

Can we have such dual Billing Relevance for Item category?

Regards

Trupti Deulkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes this is perfectly possible. I have done this exact kind of scenario before. In sales order you can have both type of materials with different item categories. Both will have billing relevance with reference to order.

For the materials which require to be delivered make the item category as delivery relevant.

When you will create delivery with reference to sales order only those items which are relevant for delivery will appear.

When you create the invoice all the materials will appear.

However there is only one issue with this solution which i came across. You need to ensure that all the materials are delivered and PGI in SAP before you create invoice. There is no check for this in standard SAP.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible with only one item category,in many of my project I had implemented

I had done it with item category TAN, billing relevance A

Created sales order >>> Delivery >> Invoice wrf to delivery,It generates invoice

Then came back without save invoice and created invoice wrf to order it generate invoice

Maintain two diffrent billing types in sales document type

Sales order type OR

Maintain billing type F2 for delivery related and F1 for order related

Maintain copy control for Delivery to billing

Order to billing

Note : You can not do invoice twice (if you created invoice wrf to delivery and latter you try to do with order then system will not allow)

KAPIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per the client, if the Service material is used along with Finished Good, it should go through Delivery and then Billing

- You can not deliver a service material. A service material is not inventorized - so no relevance of delivery and PGI.

When you provide service combined with the material in the same sales order - delivery will be created for material only. Service item can be seen when you create invoice w.r.t. the order - or you check billing due list for order relevant.

Thanks

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to IMG - SD - Sales - Sales Documents - Sales Document Item - Assign Item Categories

Here enter Manual Item Category allowed for the required combination.

Now while creating Sales Order, system will determine a Item Category automatically. All you need to do is change the Item Category manually as assigned above.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think it is possible,

you can try with Higerlevel itm catergory, when service material is with standard prodcut, so TAW item detemrinion , to create delivery and billing

When only service material use item catgeory ZTAW which is directly billing.