Migrating Absence quota data to SAP

I am working on a SAP-HR project, which has completed the UAT phase. We are preparing for the u201CGo Liveu201D phase. As part of the legacy data migration, we need to migrate the leave balances. Only one absence quota (u201CEarned Leave (EL)) is applicable for all the employees. As per the requirement, the quota generation should be done on 1 Jan of every year, based on the employee attendance days during the previous year. What is the transaction data required by SAP system for uploading into SAP? As per my understanding, the quota balance as on the u201CGo Liveu201D date for every personnel number should be made available in the Excel file format. Am I right?

Also, I do not know how much about BDC or LSMW, the data migration tools used for downloading/uploading data from/to SAP. I will try to learn these tools & then come with queries if any. However, at this point, I would like to know which tool is ideal for my scenario above. Is it BDC or LSMW? (so that I can learn that tool first). The customer has about 700 employees on rolls.

Helpful Answer