Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Help required in configuring counting rule

I have limited experience in SAP-HR configuration. Kindly help me quota configuration. The client has only absence type u2013 Earned Leave. The leave rule is the same for all the employees. The leave rules are:

1. The employees are credited with earned Leave on Jan 1 every year, for the attendance days put in during the previous calendar year.

2. The employee is eligible for Earned Leave only if he has attendance for at least 240 days during the previous year. If the employee has joined the company during the middle of the previous year, then he should have attendance for at least 2/3 of the remaining working days during the year.

3. The employee should be credited with 1 day EL for every 20 working days. If the employee, for example, has worked for 268 days during the year then he should be credited with 13 days EL (268/20=13, with 8 days as remainder). The remainder days, if any, should be carried forward to the next year and considered at that point as added to the number of working days. E.g. employee has worked for 268 days in year 2010. He will be credited with 13 days EL on 1 Jan 2011. Assume he has worked for 256 days in year 2011. Then while creating the absence quota for EL on 1 Jan 2012, the system should consider working days as 256 (from year 2011) + 8 (remainder from year 2010) = 264. Hence the employee should be credited with 13 days of EL on 1 Jan 2012 (264/20 = 13 days; 4 days remainder).

4. Leave carry forward rules: The employee is allowed to carry forward the EL balance to the next year. However, after carry forward the total balance should not go beyond 30 days. Any thing in excess of 30 days will get lapsed, if it is not encashed.

Kindly let me know how to configure the counting rule & the deduction rule for the above scenario.

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question