cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Objects From Development to Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wants to transport SAP BO web Intelligence report from Development to Quality, Could some one help me how to do this.

I am new to this Please help me out on this.

Thanks,

Guna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Guna,

You web Intelligence report from Development to Quality by using import wizard.But development and quality servers will have diffrent system id's,so you will need to create a new SAP entitlement in BO quality server.

Both the users and the groups which are created when importing SAP roles are system specific unless you have activated the Use simple Name option in the registry of your system.

So if you want to transport the user rights using the Import Wizard it is advisable to base your security on native BOBJ groups and use group membership in order to assign your SAP groups to the local defined groups.

When transporting the reports with the IW I would suggest to add the locally defined groups in it so that security is indeed propagated from your DEV to your QA system.

After the transport I would suggest to assign the SAP-derived groups from your QA system to the native groups. This should be done only once.

Hope this helps you,

Pujitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Pujitha, Could you please help me with some documentation on this.

Any Link that has documentation for this.

Thanks,

Guna

amitrathi239
Active Contributor

Answers (0)