cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message "Inconsistent characteristic value assignment"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

did a SM35 recording on steps to maintain the material's class and characteristic.

afterwhich i changed the recorded steps into program.

The newly created program was then executed and i access SM35 to process the session in foreground.

during the foreground processing, i encountered the error message "Inconsistent characteristic value assignment" after the last characteristic was being entered.

however, when i initially perform the recording, this error message did not popup.

came across this sap note 115745 which is able to resolve that error message, however it cannot be implemented to my system as i am already on ECC6.

i am on ECC6, SAPKGPAD13

Pls advice on this.

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you certain that you fullfill the preconditions for this note?:

1. You call the classification with Transaction CL20 (cLass system: Assignment -> Maintain -> Object to classes) from an application (for example Material Master MM02).

2. In Customizing, the engineering change management is activated for the class type in question.

3. Characteristics with change number were created for the class that an object was assigned to. However, no change number was used for classification.

if, then you would need to open an incident at SAP directly.

further, the note gave alterantive solutions to solve that issue, so try the alternative before you ask for program corrections:

Change the status or the characteristics via Transaction CL24 (objects of a class) or make the attached advance correction.

Such errors happen often if you work with object dependencies. and enter a value that is in conflct with the automatic determined value. You usally get a flash icon to analyze the root cause when this happens

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You call the classification with Transaction CL20 (cLass system: Assignment -> Maintain -> Object to classes) from an application (for example Material Master MM02).

2. In Customizing, the engineering change management is activated for the class type in question.

3. Characteristics with change number were created for the class that an object was assigned to. However, no change number was used for classification.

how do i check for point 3? and i have just log a case with service.sap regarding the error message when running SM35.