cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-configuration of SAP-HCM Modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am almost a fresher to SAP-HCM (just 6 mths into the project). We have done some configuration work in the sandbox server, which has become very messy with so many unnecesssary entries. However, correct configuration data is also there in the sandbox client. Now we want another sandbox client exactly similar to the earlier one, but without the client-dependent data (the Customizing data). I am aware that instead of doing this, we can transport the correct customizing data to the new client, but we are unable to identify the correct transport requests for the correct customizing data.

Kindly guide me on how to proceed.

-Shambhvi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raghu_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way of doing it would be to select the right entries and include them in a new request and transport the new requests created.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to select the right entries? We have one company code, 1 pers. area, 8 pers sub area, 5 emp grps, 20 emp sub grps, about 200 emp subgroup groupings for work schedules and 6 work schedules. It is basically this configuration data that we want to retain. I can identify these entries, but how to select them and create a transport request?

The problem is that the our implementation team had done all this mess up about one and half years back and the customer had suspended the project at that point for business reasons. Now the customer wants to re-open the project. None of the people from the earlier implementation team are currently working in our company. Also, there is no documentation available on the confoguration steps that were done. Only the Blueprint document is available. So, we are thinking of more or less re-do all the config steps. Is it the right approach?