cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data source "2LIS_13_VDITM"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

We are using data source "2LIS_13_VDITM" in our SD cube. We have a weekly, yearly and monthly time characteristic.

Our business user would like to have a daily time characteristic so that they can review the sales on a daily interval instead of weeekly.

My question: Is it recommended to have a daily time variant from a system performance point of view. I mean we have a daily delta load for data source "2LIS_13_VDITM" . so why not have a daily time characteristic so that we can show the data in the query for each day.

Can you please let me know your thoughts.

thanks a lot for your support.

Have a nice day

Stefanie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Yes very true , customers demand day wise analysis also . For that you should have 0calday in your data flow . But it seems it is not there in the flow .

There are various options :

1) Insert 0calday in your sd cube and make the transformation and load the whole data again so that 0calday gets populated .

2) Or either if you do not want historical records , just do the mapping and your next delta load will bring the records with date in the cube .

Hope the above reply was helpful.

Kind Regards,

Ashutosh Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Yes, we would need 0CALDAY in our cube.

Do you know anything regarding performance, would it slow down the system dramatically if we would include 0CALDAY?

Thanks again.

Stefanie

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

normally this should have no impact on performance of your system. the only possible issue will be greater number of lines displayed. the more calculations you do in a query (ckf, formula's,...), the bigger the impact on the response time of the query

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Answers (0)