cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change defaut approval for leave request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Currently we are using standard sap ess/mss whereby we default leave approval of the staff based on org unit- Head of org unit as approval. Issue :

1. Can SAP control ESS/MSS not to allow (to grey field approval ) user to change the approval fields?If yes, how to config this?

2. Instead of default Head of org unit as approval, can I skipped it to the another superior higher than him/her.For example i'm in org A. Org A under Support dept. I want to to set default approval for staff 2 level org unit above him/her.

3. For some leave ie Hosp leave, how to default approval to HR manager.

4.For project staff, can we put his supervisor as a approval.

5. I want to hide leave not to allow staff to see his mc balance only. How to config this.However, the staff stil apply via ess/mss to the approval.

TQ in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1. Can SAP control ESS/MSS not to allow (to grey field approval ) user to change the approval fields?If yes, how to config this?

ANS

For each absence you can configure not to change this field, via V_t554s_web

ie settings

Requester May Change Next Agent

Specifies for each type of leave whether an employee can change the default approver or the person who is to be informed about the request.

2. Instead of default Head of org unit as approval, can I skipped it to the another superior higher than him/her.For example i'm in org A. Org A under Support dept. I want to to set default approval for staff 2 level org unit above him/her.

ANS

Rule group customisation doesnt allow this, you need to have a check in BADI PT_GEN_REQ

method IF_EX_PT_GEN_REQ~SEARCH_FOR_NEXT_PROCESSOR

use a different WF for this leave and assign it in V_t554s_web, in WF you can default the HR manager directly !

yes rule customisation or badi

5. I want to hide leave not to allow staff to see his mc balance only. How to config this.However, the staff stil apply via ess/mss to the approval.

you can hide the link via personalisation from portal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are multiple ways to achieve this, you can achieve it through config or by personalizing the WD screen.

Easiest will be to personalize the Web Dynpro screen.

a. Preview the Leave request application through Content Administration.

b. Press Ctrl+Right Click on the approver field.

c. In the Personalization dialog select Read only.

All the custom logic can be implemented by implementing the BADI

PT_GEN_REQ (as of Release 5.00)

BAdI: Control Processing Processes for Web Applications

PT_ABS_REQ (from Release 5.00)

Enhancements for Leave Request

same as above

same as above

I didn't understand the requirement. Can you please elaborate ?

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Kumar,

For the number 5 question what I mean is don't staff to see mc leave balance in ess