SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual reorder point planning for retail (transaction code WRP1)

rj_caswell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

We are using SAP Retail and typically utilize target stocks to replenish our store (RP Procedure IS Retail). I would like to also use min / max stock levels for some of our articles, but cannot seem to get this to work. I have tried populating the min. target stock and max. target stock fields, but this does not appear to work. I have also tried using RP type VB, but this also does not seem to work when running WRP1 (i.e. WRP1 only seems to work with target stock).

Can someone please highlight if it is possible to use min max levels with transaction code WRP1 and also can you highlight what steps (configuration etc.) that need to be done.

Kind regards,

RJ

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

There is not much requirement on the configuration side. what I find from the details shared by you, is that, you are not using the right combinations of RP type with the values maintained for Min. and Max target stock level.

The Min. and Max target stock level works with VM or VV or any other standard or customized variant for automated planning and not with VB which is for manual planning.

The relevance of these two values is to act as restriction while calculation and recording of required target stock level from standard or customized forecast or other algorithms, for lower and upper limit of this value to further decide replenishment quantity.

Safety stock is another value which is checked at the time of replenishment run, where the value of Min. target stock has to be equal or higher than safety stock.

I hope, it answers your query.

Cheers

Kunwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Min/Max Target Stock levels found in the Article Master Logistics Store or DC view are only valid if the Replenishment type selected is dynamic. RP uses the manually dertermined Target Stock level. RF uses a dynmaically determined target stock level (determined by running forecasting). If you select the Replenishment Type RF, set min/max Target Levels and use Forecasting you will achieve your requirment.

Another option could be using the Re Order point in conjunction with Target Stock... i.e. the stock on hand must fall to below this level before it is replenished back to the target stock level.

If you wish to trial replenishment type RF set use the forecasting model G, set consumption values and set target coverage field. You will then run forecasting using transaction MP30.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Lisa