Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection server not started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've problem with ConnectionServer.

It not started. I've only messages:

ConnectionServer stopped with exit code = 128 (0x80).

ConnectionServer is considered failed because it has stopped 5 time(s) within 60 minute(s). Please restart this server.

I been using some solution but problem it's still.

- SAP note: 1454099

- recreate server

Do you have any suggestion ?

environment:

BOE 3.1 SP3

WIN2003

question: This server is used for Desktop documents in 3-tier mode. When I not use DI (servers are disable ) then I can disable this server ?

best regards

Krys

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

ADAPT01496260 isn't included in the Fixed Issues for either FP6.3 or Service Pack 4. Does anyone know if/when this bug will be fixed? I'm telling my customers to remove KB2509553 for the time being.

Looking at the SAP message 1559906 it just says it's active - bug filed.

Thanks,

Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Heidi:

You need to open a case with SAP/BO and they will send you specific file need to fix.

Initially, I when all the way up to FP 3.5 (Xi3.1 SP3 then FP3.5) and they made me go down to FP3.3 to make it work, but it didn't; then they send me thru email two small files to replace the existing one in a specific directry. Just in that way was that everything started working fine.

I hope it helps

Reinaldo

Former Member
0 Kudos

same problem..

3.1 sp4...

and there is no kb 2509593 microsoft patch in the system...

any suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uninstalling the MS patch KB2509553 worked for me to.

@werwerhudhe: check the number of the patch again. you wrote 2509593 but it should be 2509553.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nowicki:

After posting a case directly in SAP, because I got the same issue as your environment, I got information that Xi 3.1 SP3 FP3.6 will solve the issue. This FP is schedule to come out for "public" release next month and the root cause for the issue is a Microsoft patch patch 2509553 that could be conflicting with the service pack installation.

I uninstalled this MS patch from BO the server, but still ConnectionServer is down. Apparently is not just removing the MS-Patch...I got indications that one step by step process must be follow, but I am thinking into uninstalling then reinstalling BOXi3.1 SP3.

Quite a few entries in google blame this MS-Patch for having a lot of issues blocking ports and causing communication problems with different softwares (not just BO/SAP).

I will try to keep the post up to date with any news/reolutions.

Reinaldo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I'm also having this issue ever since that patch was installed on my Win2k3 64bit server running BOE 3.1 SP3. I uninstalled the patch and restarted the physical server and now the Connection Server no longer fails. Unfortunately, our infrastructure teams are pretty strict so I don't think I can continue to run the server without the hotfix since it was rated critical by Microsoft.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may want to try apply FP3.6 patch on your BOE XI 3.1

There is an ADAPT01496260 raised that tackle the "Connection Server fail to start properly".

It may possibly help resolves/minimise your problem, worth a try.

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ken,

I think, that it's it (ADAPT01496260)

My problem appeared after windows update.

Whether FP6 has already been published, I finded only FP5 and SAP-note 1559906, who say that is planed to be fixed in a fixpack.

best regards

Krys