Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Connect one BW system to Multiple Portals

Hi,

My current client owns 2 companies and they both have their own portal, the issue is that they would like to implement same report for both companies to use, which means we will have to use same queries on 2 different portals. i.e Assuming company A and company B own different portals and want to use the sample BW report

i.e.. client is merging 2 companies and wanted to eliminate 1 BW instance...but they want to use their existing portals as it is...

So we want to know whether 1 BW system can connect to 2 separate portals and users can able to access same BW reports on 2 portals from 1 backend BW system..

If someone configured with such scenario, please help me to know the steps..

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

1) You want to eliminate one BW instance and maintain both the portals?

2) You want both of these portals to display same reports from BW?

Is that all your requirement is? If yes, then it's certainly possible. There is no mandate on no. of portals you can connect to BW. Are you displaying BW reports via web templates and integrating them using iView or you've more indepth integration scenario?

As far as report display is concerned, both portal have their own configurations and this configuration is not exclusive to either of them. Go on to connect BW the way you do for any portal.

Pardon me if I missed something on your requirement. Please elaborate if it is so

Ameya

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question