Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Incompatible type between two tables - JOIN these tables is need

Hi everybody

I have a big problem, I hope that anybody help me.

I'm working on SAP CMS, I have 5 table which contain the general information about Collateral Objects:

and cms_ast, which contain the asset values of Collateral Objects

The five tables are Join with cms_ast on level information.

I checked the tables on level of database and these table have not joins, but I check the information about this tables and with this information and then it are join between tables.

Example Join:

Join between cms_movables and cms_ast

cms_movables-mov_guid = cms_ast-object_ref_id

But it has a problem the field mov_guid is raw type and the field object_ref_id is char type.

This problem is the same with the other general information of Collateral Objets tables.

On Abap program, no problem to join this tables, because I can get the field of one table and set and convert this field on variable with the same type of the other table an then i can Join this tables.

BO has the ability to create universes of information, the creation of this is to consult the database of SAP, but I think BO can not convert the type of the fields.

Therefore this problem can be solved by building a program and a job to fill a table z, which would be identical to cms_ast.

The problem is that BO get information of this tables online, but my job need to run minute per minute, I think that it is no the correct solution, because this table cms_ast is so scalable

Can anybody have a other idea to solve this problem?

I don't know if ABAP can use triggers

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question