cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada PY: Create T4Mag Media with more than 6 foot notes? Is there a way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am having an issue with some of the employee having more than 6 foot notes for T4. I do see a foot note overflow message for the employee. When I try to create a T4 with Mag media file, it is only creating upto 6 foot notes as there seems only 6 other information code/amount fields in the slip record of the mag media layout. By the way I am having this issue with YE2010 T4.

I am not sure if I am missing some thing in looking at mag media layout or SAP has provided only 6 fields to report foot notes in the mag media.

Is there any way to get more than 6 foot notes on to the mag media file.

Appreciate your input a great.

Thanks

Ranjit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjit,

Kindly check whether you have the latest schema for the CRA, this you download from the service market place

"Service.sap.com/hrcanada"> Click on Year end 2010 page on the left hand side> On right hand side, Schema is available under

"

YE10: Changes due to CRA XML schema revision

Currently, in the standard system, if you try to generate/ validate XML files for the CRA Forms Generated in Year 2010 using the utility for XML generation (RPCYERK3_XML), you may get error(s). For example, certain XML tags may be reported as missing/incorrect. To avoid this error you must select the latest CRA XML Schemas for the year 2010. Select CRA_XML_Schema_2010 to access the latest CRA XML Schemas for the year 2010. For more information, refer to Note 1526885.

01/12/2010

"

Also check whether you have applied all the relevant notes for year end which is mentioned in the year end page as well as in the master note - 1505886 YE10: Master Note for Canadian Year End - 2010.

Important :

When generating the XML you should use "layout-topologie.XSD" file only from schema, not "t4.xsd" file

This will help you in solving the issue.

With regards,

S.Karthik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjit,

For your scenario I have created the Knowledge base article note - 1516373 which explains the scenario and option you can follow for this

OPTION 1:

If there is a footnote overflow in the error list, note down the employee number(pernr)

Write manually using pen on blank T4 form with the additional footnote value's for the employee number(pernr) and submit it.

OPTION 2:

XML submission handles this scenario when there is more than 6 footnote without manual intervention

Click on Mag Media for CRA XML in Year end program RPCYERK0

Create the XML by providing the Run ID & Tax year and submit it.

Kindly review the note.

With Regards,

S.Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthik and Felipe for your responses.

Karthik, I have one more ? . i did goto CRA website and got the T4-XML schema and provide that as an input to the CRA XML and some how I did not get any output.

Is there a specific process steps which I needed to folllow to use the XML version of T4 ??

Pls advice.

Thank you,

Ranjit.

felipegrandi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjit,

When you have more then 6 footnotes in T4 Form, this is handled by XML on printing. All the legal forms have a limit on the no. of footnotes to be printed, in this case CCRA has a upper limit of 6 footnotes for T4. In case an employee has no. of footnotes greater than 6, while printing the forms you need to copy the amounts manually on the T4 form. This is as per design.

Kind regards.

Felipe